- Avatar Pedestal saves between sessions — any avatar selected from a pedestal will stay as your avatar so long as that avatar remains public.
- Panic Button - in the event that unwanted audio or visual spam occurs, or your frame-rate tanks, you can engage in Panic Mode to audio-and-visual mute anybody who isn't your friend.
- Desktop: Shift+Esc
- Rift: both triggers OR both grips and both menu buttons
- Vive: both triggers OR both grips and both menu buttons
- Windows Mixed Reality / Other VR: take your plank or pancake or whatever crazy input type you're using and press both triggers OR grips and menu buttons if they exist
XBox Controller: both triggers and back and menu buttons
Once you enable Panic mode, you must disable it by unchecking the "Mute Users By Default" and "Block Avatars by Default" options in the System menu
- Avatar Public/Private flag
- In the SDK, you can now set an avatar as public or private
- Public is meant for use with pedestal avatars and avatars that you want to share.
- Private is meant for use with avatars that you do not want to share.
- We have not completed securing private avatars yet — this feature just concerns whether or not the avatar should be secured.
- New Rows in the World Menu
- Community Spotlight - Worlds of high quality, interesting content, or fun games
- Avatar - Avatar worlds with lots of pedestals
- Avatar sound effects are now affected by the "SFX" slider in the System menu.
- Keyboard Gesture Overrides
- You can now trigger gestures with the keyboard!
- Hold down Left Shift and F1-F8 for left-hand gestures.
- Hold down Right Shift and F1-F8 for right-hand gestures.
- Your arms still aren't animated, so these are mainly useful for animation overrides.
- Issues with audio spatialization failing when users with audio clips on their avatar load/play audio have been resolved
- Hip tracking using a single Vive Tracker has been fixed.
- Tragically Hip tracking still broken.
- Offline Friends are back! We lost them for a bit.
- VRChat Cache downgraded from gargantuan to simply enormous, now capping at 10GB
- Local Avatar Override was changed to Ctrl-\
- Manage Uploaded Content window now:
- Shows the progress of how many items it has loaded
- Caches avatar/world images
- No longer causes performance issues when Build Control Panel is open with avatars in scene
Updated about 2 years ago
Did this page help you?