See an avatar that someone's wearing? Want to try it on? As long as that user is wearing a Public avatar and they have "Allow Avatar Cloning" enabled, you can!
- Open your Quick Menu (ESC on Desktop, Menu in VR)
- Click on a User who is wearing an avatar you want to wear
- If the avatar is Public and the user has "Allow Avatar Cloning" enabled, the "Clone Public Avatar" button will be lit up
- Click the Clone Public Avatar button!
- You'll become the avatar that the other user is wearing.
There's two ways to disable Public Avatar Cloning.
To disable users being able to clone your avatar, no matter which avatar you're wearing, uncheck "Allow Avatar Cloning" in settings.
You can disable it on a per-avatar basis by setting the avatar to Private using the VRChat SDK.
Updated about 2 years ago